One concern we have heard is that many companies think that only employees who are already interested in gaming will take to gamification. We’re here to tell you that this is not the case. Gamification is not just for the Halo loving twenty-something men around the office, and it has been proven to drive employee engagement. Don’t just take our word for it though, let us prove it. These following facts were no surprise to us, but maybe you will find them helpful in your own decision on whether gamification is right for your organization.
1. More than 70% of the world’s largest companies are expected to have deployed at least one gamified application by year-end 2014. (Gartner)
2. The overall market for gamification tools, services, and applications is projected to be $5.5 billion by 2018. (M2 Research)
3. Vendors claim that gamification can lead to a 100% to 150% pickup in engagement metrics including unique views, page views, community activities, and time on site. (M2 Research)
4. 63% of American adults agree that making everyday activities more like a game would make them more fun and rewarding. (JWTIntelligence)
5. 51% of American adults agree that if a layer of competition were added to everyday activities, they’d be more likely to keep closer watch of their behavior in those areas. (JW Intelligence)
While we won’t go as far as to say that we know the future of gamification will be an overwhelming success, we believe its impact on businesses is real. If you are interested in learning more about gamification, visit us at www.inwardconsulting.com.